There is a lot that goes into Best of the Gold Coast Connecticut. Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions:
1. What is the Best of the Gold Coast Connecticut?
The Best of the Gold Coast Connecticut is a celebration of the best Fairfield County has to offer when it comes to Food & Drink, Style & Beauty and Living & Home – as voted by the readers of Fairfield Living, Greenwich, New Canaan-Darien, Stamford and Westport Magazines.
2. How do Fairfield Living, Greenwich, New Canaan-Darien, Stamford and Westport Magazines determine Best of Gold Coast Connecticut winners?
Our readers nominate their favorites in dozens of categories, through an online ballot. Nominations are accepted from January 1 through January 26, 2020 as the FIRST part of the competition.
The top businesses that get the most nominations in each category will advance to the SECOND part of the competition: the voting round! It runs run February 1-March 15, 2020.
The businesses that get the most votes are deemed the year’s Best of Gold Coast Connecticut winners.
3. It used to be only one round. Why is it now two?
We’ve added the nomination round to give more businesses an opportunity to be included on the voting ballot.
4. When do nominations begin and end?
Voting starts January 1 and ends January 26, 2020.
5. How many times can I nominate a business?
6. Why are certain locations popping up as I type in my nominations?
Our balloting software pulls in Google results as you type in your answers. If your choice isn’t showing up, simply continue to type in your answer without selecting from the options listed.
7. How do I find my category?
The left-hand side of the nomination ballot page lists all the categories.
8. Do advertisers automatically win?
No. Best of Gold Coast Connecticut results are entirely based on our reader voting. Some winners may later choose to advertise, or happen to be advertisers, however being an advertiser does not guarantee a win.
9. How can I promote my business to get nominations?
See our Best Of nominations toolkit with graphics and marketing tips »
10. Where is the submit button? How do I know my nominations or votes counted?
There is no final submit button. Once you click the “NOMINATE” button, your choice is recorded. No further action is needed!
11. I’m having trouble registering. What do I do?
When you start nominating or voting in the first category of your choice, you will be asked to fill out the registration form. When you complete this step, you will be registered and you can continue making nominations on the ballot.
If you have trouble with that process, we would suggest trying a different browser and device.
12. I don’t have time to fill out the ballot right now. Can I come back and make more nominations or votes?
Sure! As long as you’ve already registered in that round and it’s before deadline, you can pick up where you left off. When you return to the ballot on the same device, you should be automatically logged in and see your previous selections. If you aren’t logged in and you know that you’ve already registered in that round, click the “Already nominated/voted in this round…” link for further instructions.
13. Can I continue the process on another device?
Yes. When you return to the ballot on a different device, click the “Already nominated/voted in this round…” link for further instructions.
14. Why do I have to make an account?
Our balloting software requires that users create an account for each round. This helps us police ballot box stuffing and allows you to revisit your ballot before deadline to make changes and additional nominations (round #1) or votes (round #2).
15. How do I find out who all the winners are?
Winners will be announced in our July/August 2020 issues. Subscribe now to get the Best Of issue delivered right to your mailbox.